`




HOME
DEACONS
PHOTOS
SERMONS
ANNOUNCEMENTS
LOCATION
HISTORY
MISSION
LINKS

 
OUR HISTORY


New Life Baptist Church began as a Sunday School held in the New Life District School Building located nearby the present church site.  The church was organized in 1916 by some of the young people in the community.  Services were held in the school building, until one of the early church organizers, Mr. Edward Mills donated land so the church structure could be built.  As time progressed, even thru the Depression Years, attendance and offerings were slow but the church grew through God's grace.  Population and economic growth contributed to church growth and a spiritual awakening became evident in the community.

New Life Baptist Church was blessed in 1970 to add a right wing housing five classrooms, bathrooms, and storage closets to the original wooden church.  In 1992, the original wooden church was moved to make way for the present brick structure which was completed in 1993.   New Life Baptist Church is located about 1.5 miles east of Tabor City, NC at the intersection of Lester Watts and New Life Church Road.  New Life Baptist Church remains a rural conservative church grounded in the sound Missionary Baptist doctrine.



 

HOME
DEACONS
PHOTOS
SERMONS
ANNOUNCEMENTS
LOCATION
HISTORY
MISSION
LINKS


COPYRIGHTS © 2015 - PRESENT
New Life Church
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED